Morrigan Does A Thing Morrigan Does A Thing

I loved that last part. "Allons-y!" Classic Doctor. I have a friend who squees at everything David Tenant. Myself, I'm just a big fan of the series.

I'm also a guy, so...

Portal Turret AMV Portal Turret AMV

This must be a Linux promotion.

PowerTrip PowerTrip

Too bad this doesn't happen in real life, or else I'd be a cross between Iron Man, Wolverine, Sabertooth, Quicksilver, and the Hulk.

Yeah, reentry-speed sprinting will have to wait another century or two.

XCVB XCVB

Jesus Christ, this game hurts my eyes. The odd thing is, the easiest part of the game was during those two levels in the middle of an earthquake. You'd think that'd be harder to get through.

Needless to say, I beat the game. Took me...twenty to thirty minutes?

makehimanoffer responds:

That sounds about right timewise.
Thanks for playing. Really appreciate.

PixEvo - The Fountain PixEvo - The Fountain

I managed to get all the badges on this game except for the speed run badge (CRAP). It's a very fun game, and quite the masterpiece of a simple platformer. Kudos to you, Evil-Dog, for making another awesome game and for stepping out of your usual zone.

I loved this game enough to cover the main theme:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste n/532957

Portal Panic Portal Panic

LOL at the ending.

So, I went back several times into the comments to find out what I'm supposed to do with Salad Fingers on P-Bot, and it turns out his finger puppets DEFLECT PROJECTILES. Pass it on.

meedogh - Space Journey meedogh - Space Journey

I gotta be honest, I couldn't listen to the song all the way through because it was pretty much the same movement over and over again. The pianos you use were literally always on the same note, and then there's that one sequence that repeats ad nauseum which, while it does lend towards variety and breaks up the monotonous dual piano, doesn't do a whole lot past that.

Now, don't be discouraged. It wasn't too long ago that I was a beginner with FL Studio in a similar position as what you find yourself in. What I would recommend, rather than making original stuff right, is to do some easy covers/remixes/whatever you wanna call them, and get your sea legs, so to speak. If you tell me what it is you're looking to do using FL Studio, I can help you in how to do it. I have been using the DAW for six years, after all, so there are benefits to experience, even if it's only self-taught.

meedogh responds:

i am creating better music

Nerd Is the new Sexy Ep #1 Nerd Is the new Sexy Ep #1

Personally, I'd classify myself as a nerd for these reasons:

1. I really like anime. I regularly go on Hulu or Netflix and take a look at what's on there, and I'll watch some of the stuff that isn't necessarily mainstream. I especially love English subbed with the original Japanese voice acting, and I make it a point to explain why I love that, but I don't force it on anyone. Admittedly, it does annoy me a small amount when people say that Goku or Luffy or Naruto or whatever male anime lead character sounds like a woman just because their voices are by women, but all I can really do there is leave it at, "They do not." There ain't a whole lot I can do beyond that.

2. I'm a huge scifi fan. Gundams, BattleMechs, starships, alien planets, doesn't matter what archetype they fall under, I love 'em, but especially mechs and space. GaijinGoombah actually had a video on mechs pertaining to east vs west, the differences between the two and the upcoming real-world robotics showdown, and just on the mere mention of that last one I blurt out, "No fucking way! That is awesome!"

3. I'm technologically and mechanically oriented as a person. I like the idea of taking apart a controller to see how it works, and I put my current computer together from old parts my brother gave me. I have a 12-gauge Winchester shotgun, and I can take that thing apart easily, and put it back together just as easily, both of which help with cleaning it after a day at the range. I regularly work on my family's cars to earn some spending money. I enjoy all of these things, even working on cars, regardless of the money involved.

4. I know for a fact that Battlefield 1942, the first in the series, was released in 2002, but while it had driveable vehicles, the first FPS game that did was actually Activision's game Battlezone, released in 1998, which was a hybrid between FPS, RTS, and tank simulation. As it happens, Battlezone also has area-specific damage, limited as it is; shoot a guy in the head or the cockpit (which glows with the pilot's sniper rifle), and that kills them instantly.

5. I have been targeted by kids in high school for my nerdiness. In my Fine Art discussion, when I mentioned my fondness for anime, one kid was all, "This class is Fine Art. Anime is not fine art. I can shove my entire finger up my nose." So yeah, there's nerds, there's jocks, there's snobs, and then there's this dork. What made it worse was that my teacher also targeted me, and right as they did that, my grandfather died. So yeah, I've quite a bit of pain associated with visual art, which is why I don't have more than two art submissions.

I was fortunate enough to be born in the 90s, and while I don't have near the knowledge you guys have, or even a nerdy collection, I still consider myself a nerd. I would hope my view towards myself is shared among others.

wyldfyre1 responds:

The love of nerdy things! Glad you listened! thanks for the review!

Different Heaven - Nekozilla Different Heaven - Nekozilla

At my current skill level, I can only dream of making music that sounds this good, and my music arguably sounds good as it is! Probably the one thing I see about it is that it's fairly repetitive, but then again, it's only about three minutes long, so no big deal there. I mean, if I were to take a star off, or even a half, just because of that, that'd just be being picky as fuck on my part, and I'm not about to do that.

It's a good sounding piece that's way beyond my skill level. Let's just leave it at that and continue to dance to it, eh?

FacuTaberner responds:

That conniving coon That conniving coon

You know you want at least one comment from that guy.

Silent but deadly Digital Silent but deadly Digital

Oh, she's heterochromic! Until now, I never knew that.

Or wait, are you debating that part? Personally, I think it's pretty cool. I, for one, say keep at least that part.

HowSplendid responds:

Yeah you're not the only one who's said that. Everyone else seems to think so too. I think I will end up keeping her eyes like that since you guys think it works well for her. Thanks.

Caroline's sunglasses Caroline's sunglasses

I dunno why, but when I look at that face, I just immediately think of Twitch Pokemon, how every time Ash is idling, he just goes, "EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" It'd be interesting to see her run in place with the same stupid look on her face as here, just for shits and giggles.